CREATE AMAZING EFFECTS
Create FX content using our engine’s particle editor.
Using external tools to create pre-rendered effects for optimum performance and improved looks
Work closely with different Design teams to create structured sets of effects for weapons, vehicles, monsters, characters, physical interactions, etc.
Work with Environment team to create global weather and local level effects.
Be a friend to QA team and programmers to carefully optimize what needs optimizes.
Work with flares and postprocessing.
Create HLSL shaders for both particle and material effects.
Work with lights.
Create quick additional content through modelling and texturing.
Deliver complete, tested and tuned features.
Combine and utilize all engine features to achieve new heights and compete with the best.
Assist in improving our tools.
Quickly locate and fix what’s broken.
Be aware of global trends, learn relevant research papers, develop new ideas.
Provide help and tutoring to less experienced artists and designers.
Know the limitations of each target platforms and optimize scenes accordingly.
- Experience with real-time engines. Shipped games or strong portfolio are a must.
- Understanding memory and performance limitations of real-time rendering.
- Good understanding of real life physics and matter interactions.
- Feeling of timing and dynamics.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Doing R&D means digging your own path ignoring doubts.
- Several years of experience as a 2D and 3D artist.
- Unreal Engine (Phat, Mat, Cascade, Kismet/Blueprint, Flares, Matinee) experience.
- Knowledge of all 2D/3D packages and relevant tools for dealing with any possible unknown to humanity task.
- HLSL experience.
- Unity scripting and effect creation experience.
- Ability to code.
- Technical mind, developed logic, thinking ‘beyond the box’.
- Ability to pass physics or math tests from primary school course.