Ensure efficient and trouble-free operations
- Work directly with other IT managers to complete the below responsibilities.
- Manage, maintain and upgrade internal network, servers, databases, version control, websites, Email, and other systems.
- Build, maintain, and upgrade workstations studio wide.
- Work with HR to improve and co-own a new-hire setup process.
- Maintain and manage development hardware, and work with 1st Party Manufacturers to replace faulty hardware when necessary, or obtain new hardware as needed for development.
- Manage and maintain internal software license servers, databases, and installations.
- Build relationships with software and hardware vendors to obtain preferential service and loyalty benefits.
- Develop and manage a fiscally responsible annual budget for the IT department.
- Develop and maintain security policies for all hardware, software, game source code, operating systems and the premises of the studio.
- Evaluation of efficiency of all IT systems, finding “bottlenecks” and suggesting improvements.
- Listen to and anticipate needs of staff in the studio that relate to technology, hardware, software, etc and provide timely solutions.
- 5+ years in IT, IS, Service Desk, or Help Desk roles
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of network systems and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with ticket handling systems
- Experience managing version control systems
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, TortoiseSVN
- Experience working in game studios or other technology companies a plus